This is our new Blood Bowl 7s pitch - fresh from the Man Cave factory floor!
The Lad and I built it together, which was fun in itself. Its based on foamcore, in which we scribed out the squares with a nail, glued on some sand, painted it brown, washed and dry-brushed that, and then added some flock. I then added another layer of watered down glue for added strength and durability, but it did unfortunately drain a lot of the brightness from the ground and leave it darker than anticipated. We then painted on the lines and the football motif in the centre.
Overall, I would say that I'm satisfied with the result. Its not quite what I was after or intended but it looks OK and is very functional. BB7s plays out in just over an hour so we can get a whole game in most afternoons - can't argue with that!
After our first few games I added small crosses between each square (not shown here) as it was tough to see in some spots. I've also taken to painting on splotches of blood on a square when a player is killed. Most of them belong to my teams...