09 August 2014

Warband Ready!!

Comrade James Reporting: Well, with just 2 days to go before the official start of our SAGA campaign, I have finished my Anglo-Danish war band!
My army consists of 3 8 man Warrior units, 2 4-man Hearthguard with Danish Axes, 2 4-man Hearthguard with normal weapon and shield, a unit of 12 Levy with slings, and of course, my Warlord.

I've included a before and after pic of the army, from when they were the Army of Darkness in Paul's last game before leaving for the US, till now.

I have to say, I was really impressed with the Army Painter Basing Starter set which I picked up from War and Peace Games, as it lasted the entire army with some left over.I was a bt worried I would;t have enough basing material but it came through, and I could do another 2 units of Warriors if I needed to.

I especially liked the basing material, as it removed 2 time consuming steps in my normal basing process, namely washing then dry brushing the basing sand that I did for all my Bolt Action figures. The material is a good mix of light and dark particles that gets the same look with a single application.
12 man Warrior unit, led by Peter of the Meadows
2nd 12 man Warrior Unit, led by Alfred Euro
8 Man Hearthguard with Danish Axes, led by....instinct
Loyal 8 Man Hearthguard , Warlord's Bodyguards

And of course, some smelly peasants.....

Now I just have to boff up on Scenario 1 in the rulebook, and also what nasty abilities Vikings have, as my first campaign games is Monday night...

4 comments:

  1. Very nice looking army you have there James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words gentlemen , hopefully they fight better painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fully painted warband. NICE!.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete