17 February 2015

Book Review: KURSK - The Vital 24 Hours

by Will Fowler

I had borrowed this from a library around a year ago, really enjoyed it and knew it had to be on my reference shelf.  Unfortunately out of print (but not for a long time), I figured I'd bide my time and find a cheap second hand copy.  I got a very good used copy this week for the princely sum of 78 cents, about the cost of a single 15mm figure from battlefront, plus $3.50 postage.  What a bargain!

Filled with great maps, pics, first hand accounts and a good operational level narrative.  Great stuff for both military history reading and generating wargaming scenarios though I would have liked some more tactical level maps for the latter purpose.  4 out of 5 stars and I'll be searching for the author's other works on Stalingrad and D-Day.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2204026.KURSK_


No comments:

Post a Comment