31 May 2017

Some FIW Gaming

Colonial Rangers scout ahead of the British Main Body
Over the last few months Alan and I have been progressing a FIW campaign and continuing to add to our forces.  So much so that we are now at the upper edge of what we can reasonably setup and complete in a club night.  Here is some eye candy of our forces in  recent actions:

Infantry column with a skirmish screen deploys on the left flank in front of a strong French position
My right flank infantry advance along a forrest trail

Alan's waiting French line
Vive la Roi!

My left flank advances, reinforced by Grenadiers

And deploys with rippling musketry!
I'm very happy how the Warbases came out - I think they look really good painted and flocked, and they save a stack of time during movement.
While my right column forms into line and does likewise

Take that Frenchies! Now back to Canada with you!
Its been very satisfying to see this force really develop during AHOC and beyond - just one artillery battery to go until I am done (for now anyway!)

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! The ground mat really helps sell the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that game looks spectacular! Well done lads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast to the eye your reports are!!
    As said before, the mat looks great.
    Thanks for sharing!

    A.

    ReplyDelete